Saturday, May 29, 2010

Something Fun...

Happy Memorial Day weekend to all of my US friends! We're not doing much, just sticking close to home. I just got back from taking Ryan to a wonderful new Children's Museum in Wilmington. We stopped at a Mexican Paleteria on the way home. It's an ice cream shop and let me tell you, they make these AWESOME ice cream popsicles. I'm tempted to drive back right now!

I have a new project to share today. I did this for the Tattered Angels blog. It's a little mini canvas. I used a Glimmer Screen with acrylic paint to stamp the flourish in the corner.




I used some TA die cuts and chipboard on here, too. The sentiments were stamped with the timeless Romance stamp set.



I accidentally discovered a new technique while doing this project. I sprayed some white sheer ribbon with Blue Skies Glimmer Mist. I wanted to hurry up and dry it, so I started heating it with my heat gun. Well, it dried, but it also crinkled up. I love the look. It reminds me of the crinkled seam binding that is so popular. Here is a picture of what it looked like when half was done and half was still wet.



I know I'll be doing this again soon.
Well, that's it for today. I just have one more thing to share...



More to come in a few days. ;)
Have a great day!

6 comments:

Kim Faucher said...

Annabelle...this is gorgeous!! I just made something similiar using Papertrey ink clear boxes... that they ship in...
Not sure what I will do with it yet... Right now I have some candy in it..
I love love the canvas... amazing!

Mel said...

Gorgeous wow, I just love this, the stamping on the canvas or should I say masking is awesome, you have the most beautiful romantic style, with only having 1 little boy I miss doing really girly layouts, but you fulfil my cravings. Love Melxx

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Cool! Thanks for sharing the new technique, I would love to try it soon!

Ingrid Danvers said...

Gorgeous canvas, Anabelle. I still haven't worked with glimmer miss and I think it is about time to buy some bottles of mist. Can't wait to hear more about the DT. Looks great.

Kalyn said...

Love this beautiful canvas! You're such an artist. :) Will write soon (I swear!). Xoxo

amylynne said...

Gorgeous! I oil paint but never thought about using a canvas in scrapbooking! Clever! Can't wait to hear more about the DT!