Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Halloween Cards

It's almost Halloween! My little guy is so excited. His school has Storybook Character dress up day on the 30th and then we'll do regular trick or treating on the 31st. At first he thought he wanted to be Max from Where the Wild Things Are. But we were striking out in finding something to use as a costume, and the Max costumes are $225 online!!! So, we brainstormed some more ideas and he decided to be a mouse and carry a big cookie like the mouse in If You Give a Mouse a Cookie. I liked this idea much better! A mouse it will be. And he actually agreed to using his Spiderman costume from last year for trick or treating. Life is good. ;)

I thought I'd share a couple of Halloween cards that I don't think I've posted yet.

This first one was in the October issue of Papercrafts. The paper is SEI and that cute little bat is a Me and My Big Ideas sticker.




This next card is one I made using some My Mind's Eye goodies. I did some stitching on the side. It's in the Octoer issue of Cards.



And finally this last guy. I LOVE this Crafty Secrets image. Isn't he the cutest. The paper is Making Memories and the trim is Webster's.




Well, that's it for today. Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!

13 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

I always SO love your cards, Anabelle! And especially when they are Halloween cards! :)
I think I'm getting lucky with Halloween costumes this year, too. Peter doesn't want one (doesn't get much easier than that), and Nik is going to re-use an old witch costume.

Janelle said...

I adore the mouse from "If you give a mouse a cookie"! Probably because I'm so like him. :) Hope you'll share a picture of Ryan as the mouse. Sounds like a fun event.

Wendy Kwok said...

Me too! I love love your cards. Always amazing colour combo and design

Carol R said...

Love your cards. How clever to use sequins in the center of your buttons w/French knots!

home staging said...

Hi. Nice story, it shows that Halloween costs may not be always very high. I also try to persuade my children that old costumes are good too. And beautiful cards. I like especially the first one. It's amazing what all can be done from paper.

Take care,
Ella

Chelsea Van Tol said...

oh i LOVE the kitty kat card!

Unknown said...

These are wonderful Anabelle! I just love the unusual Halloween colors on that last one and the vintage image is fabulous!

(-: Heidi

Kimberly said...

Super cards. So, have you all carved your pumpkin, yet?

Anonymous said...

adorable cards Anabelle! I especially love the pumpkin on the swing... very cute!

roree said...

These are just the cutest things, Anabelle! Love them!

Iris Uy said...

gorgeous cards Anabelle!!

www.cricutcraftyclare.blogspot.com said...

I love pom pom trim! If you have a Cricut and DS or SCAL, there is a cut file for a pom pom trim border on my blog. Check it out at www.cricutcraftyclare.blogspot.com

Angie Tieman said...

Wow! What awesome Halloween cards! I can't decide which one I love best!