Saturday, October 31, 2009

2009 Photo Finish Holiday Cards

Last year, the girls at Papertrey Ink did a feature incorporating holiday photos into the design of their cards. It was such a hit, that they decided to do it again! Since I'm the Guest Designer, I get to play along!!

This was a really fun assignment. I've been seeing glassine bags used in fun ways, other than for holding treats, so I decided to give it a try. I embossed the bag with the sheet music Cuttlebug embossing folder. Then, I stitched it onto a piece of Ripe Avocado cardstock.

Next, I used my glue pad and stamped a polka dot border using Polka Dot Basics 2onto Pure Polly. I added the glitter. (Note, it's best to let this set overnight) I also used Versamark to stamp a panel of Ripe Avocado cardstock using Text Style 2. I stitched the two panels together and adhered them to the card front.

After that, I stamped one of the 2009 Holiday Tags onto Stamper's Select White cardstock and punched it out. I adhered it to a scalloped circle punched from Ripe Avocado. I adhered the letters J and Y and added the tag to spell 'JOY'. (Note- for mass producing this card, you could cut the letters from cardstock)



Next, I adhered my photo to a piece of Pure Poppy cardstock and punched a hole in the top. I tied some Ripe Avocado saddle stitch ribbon through it. Then I stamped the holly leaves from Holiday Button Bits and cut them out, adhering them to the ribbon with a button. I slid the photo into the bag.





The result is a fun card that can be sent with a little photo for the recipient to pull out and keep.



You can find more cards at these ladies' blogs:

Michelle Wooderson

Heather Nichols

Lisa Johnson

Becky Oehlers

Lauren Meader

And if you want even MORE inspiration, here's last year's post on Nichole's blog.

Thank so much for stopping by! Have a great day. ;)

31 comments:

Debbie Olson said...

Oh, Annabelle! Not only is this a totally gorgeous card, but you have the sweetest child too--great picture and design!

peggysue said...

I think this is one of the cutest uses for a glassine bag ever! Thanks for sharing, this is a wonderful idea.

cnelson said...

cute, cute, cute!!!

Linda Beeson said...

Anabelle - WOW! Just cute details everywhere especially the embossing on that envelope.

Jessica said...

This is so clever, Anabelle!!! A lovely way to share holiday pics. I think I'll making at least one of these this year :)

Ingrid said...

OMG.....this is gorgeous. What a great idea! I will lift this one. The picture is too cute.

Amy Liz Schultz said...

THis is just so lovely... love the idea with the glassine bags! Quick and easy way to hold anything in on a project. but everything you did here is just gorgeous!

Ann said...

A gorgeous idea for those special family cards at Christmas. Definitely one to copy - thanks Annabelle!

Nikki Schmaltz said...

This is a fabulous idea! I love it. I am always looking for different ways to include my kids pictures. SO great. Adding glassine bags to my order:)

Anonymous said...

This is fabulous! Thanks for sharing. I just got an order with the glassine bags and will have to come up with something!!

Heidi said...

Aaawww this is so cute! I love the way your picture comes out of the glassine gag!

Kimberly said...

I love this idea! Hey, I am ready for your HOLIDAY background for your Christmas posting on your blog!

Diane Jaquay said...

LOOOOVVEE this card!! So clever to put the picture in the glassine bag too!

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful!!! Wow, any recipient would be thrilled to receive such a gorgeous treasure! Nice work!!

Susan said...

What an adorable card - I really like the way you have done the pull out and the way you have used the embossing folder on the bag.
I'm sure any relatives would love to receive this card.

Jami said...

Super creative and just beyond adorable!!!

Marisa G said...

This is a beautiful card, and a great use for the glassine bags and a card that include a photo. Thanks so much for sharing!

Dawn Cosgrove said...

Oh gosh this is absolutely adorable! I love every little aspect of this! Thanks for the inspiration!

Unknown said...

this is FABULOUS!!!! love it!

Michelle said...

SO very clever! I love any project that uses glassine bags! Thanks for sharing, and have a great day!

Cris said...

OMGoodness...I would have never thought to use the CB folder with a glassine bag! How clever and creative. I love all the beautiful details. Lovely card. Thanks for sharing Anabelle...

Jan Larson said...

This is a beautiful project! Terrific idea with the glassine bags.

Tiffany Heilman said...

I love card. it is fabulous and love that photo!

Lucy Edson said...

Gorgeous, Anabelle!! Love the idea of embossing the glassine envelope!! Such a creative card and way to send a holiday photo!

Tracey McNeely said...

Really nice card, a very different idea and I love all the different techniques.

Unknown said...

This is just beautiful, and such a clever idea!

(-: Heidi

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

KEEEEUTE! I'M LOVIN' THIS! I really like the glassine too, it is perfect. I like this idea...I have a cute little girl (ok and boys too) I could make a Christmas picture of and do this. Love it!
Blessings,
Debbie

Juanita B said...

Beautiful, beautiful card and photo. TFS.

Dawn McVey (dawnsing) said...

Anabelle, I love this project of yours sooooooo much! It's so pretty! The colors and the glitter have me swooning! Thank you so much for sharing with us!

Happy week, Dearie!

Sarale said...

Wonderful!

Kathleen said...

I love the design of this card! So cute and that picture of your child is A-MAAAAAAAZING! I really love the idea of making a pocket with the glassine bags--great job!