Friday, September 16, 2011

Good Bye, Borders!

Happy Friday! I'm so glad the weekend is upon us, even though our's is filled with scouting, sports, birthday parties and religious ed. A busy weekend day is ALWAYS better than a busy weekday. LOL. I do have to say that our weekdays have been much better so far this school year. I've been pretty strict about bedtime, screen time, having everything packed and organized the night before,etc., so our mornings are definitely more calm.

I have a fun, but sad, page to share today.



I did this for the Crate September color challenge (raspberry, pink, apricot). I used mostly my Scrapbook Nook kit on here, though I added some Crate Restoration and Farmhouse goodies to it, too.



So, why is it sad? Because one of our favorite book stores - Borders - is closing. I've always loved Borders. Fran and I used to spend lots of time there, just hanging out and reading. Then, once Ryan came along, it became a favorite place to go and pick out books for him. Going to Borders was always his special treat.



I guess it's a sign of the times, sadly. Ryan and I went for the closing sale. He was mortified that I was taking pictures of the store. He actually said, "Mom! Who DOES that?" Me, that's who. He'll be glad to have a photo of the old place when he's older. :) What I wouldn't do for pictures of my hometown when I was his age.



Anyway, this one was a lot of fun to make. I played around with paint splots and some twine.

Hope you have a great weekend! Thanks for stopping by. :)

6 comments:

Debbie said...

I know ... me too! Our Borders closed down -- I used to go there regularly for coffee and meetings :( Beautiful, bright and cheery LO!!

Romy said...

So sorry to hear your favourite bookstore closed it's doors:(

But your layout turned out gorgeous and will make a great tribute to it! I adore the colours you used and they compliment the editted photo so perfectly. All the bits and pieces on this page look really pretty (I guess you choose the most perfect name for your blog, LOL):)

cnelson said...

Always AMAZING work! Sorry about the closing of Borders.

Kimberly said...

Cool way to remember a store closing!


I'm starting a weekly "scrappin' sunday" link up party if you are interested I would love for you to share your work!

http://foreverdaisies.blogspot.com/2011/09/scrappin-sunday.html

Monique Liedtke said...

Your page is awesome! And I love that you scrapped about your fav store closing ... what a shame they closed btw. I LOVE Borders! or should I say "loved"? are all their stores closing, or is it just the one at your place??

Audrey Pettit said...

Such a beautiful layout, Anabelle! Love, love, love this color palette, and all your detailing is amazing. I could stare at this all day. :)
I think it's so sad that Borders has gone out of business, too. Ours closed down months ago already. It's scary to me that even the big guys can't make it these days, let alone the small, independents. Really scary.