Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Paper Crafts May/June

I just received my May/June Paper Crafts issue yesterday and wanted to share a fun project I did. I used this adorable apron from Anthropology as my inspiration.


(You can click on the photo to see it up close.)

I love the colors and the fun design. As soon as I saw it, I thought of Papertrey's Giga Guidlines.
So, I used that set and stamped with New Leaf, Spring Rain and Lemon Tart inks. The sentiment is stamped with Mega Mixed Messages.




To create the ruffle along the bottom, I fan-folded a piece of New Leaf cardstock. I used Scor-tape to hold it in place. To tie things all together, I colored the trim and pearls with a Copic marker. I love using them to make my embellishments match.

That's it for today. Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

GORGEOUS Anabelle!!!

Brandi said...

So pretty! I love the color combo you used. What better way to get inspiration than from Anthropologie!
Brandi

Unknown said...

This is fabulous!! I had spied that apron some time ago and loved it. What an awesome way to interpret it!

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love hpw you mimicked the pattern with the stamping!

(-: Heidi

Mel said...

Wow your inspirational pic of the apron is perfect and you have created the most beautiful card from it, this is the closest I have seen at colormatching ever. Just love this. Melxx

Lisa Dorsey said...

Oh I see why you loved that apron Anabelle! So glad to finally see it after hearing all about it. Your card is gorgeous my dear. I just love those colors!

Janelle said...

Oh, wow! I love the way you combined those sets! And the colors are luscious!! Really, really beautiful, Anabelle!

Carina said...

Wonderful interpretation, love it