Thursday, April 8, 2010

Embrace the White

I just got back from the most amazing day at the beach! I decided on the spur of the moment to head down and it was heavenly - just like being there in the middle of summer. We got pizza at Grottos, ice cream, played arcade games and basked in the sun. Ryan even went in the water, though it was FRIGID..... Ahhhh, can't wait until summmer.

I had the chance to play along with the Shabby Tea Room's challenge this week, Embrace the white. We had to use white and one other soft color. Here's the card I came up with.



I used Papertrey's Polka Dot Basics and Blooming Button Bits stamps. I stamped and embossed the polka dots onto Sweet Blush cardstock and stamped the sentiment with Smokey Shadow ink. I added Melissa Frances resin, a Hambly transparency, May Arts and Maya Road trim and a prima flower. The tissue paper flower was made using a tutorial that Betsy Veldman did not too long ago.



It looks so soft and pretty close up. I have a hard time photographing anything white, and even with photo shop, there's still more grey in the photo than I like.

Also, today is my day at the Noel Mignon blog! Hop on over. I shared a little technique that involves Glimmer Mist, a Glimmer Screen and a white crayon. ;)

So, that's it for today. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day!

16 comments:

Monia - Monika Jakubowska said...

Wow! What a delicate and cute card!

Unknown said...

Stunning card Anabelle!! So glad to hear that you had a fun day at the beach!!

Debbie said...

Absolutely scrumptious!!! I simply {heart} everything about your design, Anabelle! Thanks for playing along with us in the Tea Room this week. I hope you can come back again on Monday to give the next challenge a try too :)

cnelson said...

soooooooooo beautiful!!

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

This is so beautiful! I love your use of the acetate and the tissue paper flower.

Glynis said...

What a pretty card, and I love that resin piece. So lovely Anabelle :O)
PS. I'm rather jealous that your weather is warm enough to warrent a visit to the beach. Sounds just dreamy!

PapierGirl said...

Anabelle this is a show stopper - Absolutely beautiful! Thank you for stopping by my blog earlier this week and for the wonderful compliment - such an honor! :)

Cathy

Audrey Pettit said...

Oooh, how gorgeous, Anabelle! So exquisitely detailed! Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR.

Tamera said...

really beautiful card!

Wendy Kwok said...

Wow.. amazing cute! I love the colors alot!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Your card is beautiful and elegant.

Michele Kovack said...

This card is absolutely gorgeous!!!!

Anonymous said...

This took my breath away! The resin is perfectly used, and I love the acetate frame. I love it all!

Daniela Dobson said...

This is beautiful!!!! Beach sounds awesome!

Audrey Pettit said...

This is so gorgeous, Anabelle! Such a great design and I love the goodies you used. Congrats on making honorable mention at the Tea Room.

Jinny Newlin said...

This is so pretty! There's just so many gorgeous goodies!