Thursday, August 18, 2011

Winding Down

Sadly, I have that 'summer is coming to an end' feeling. I have loved our carefree days the past couple of months. Ryan is SO not an 'I Love School' kid and I'm not looking forward to our hectic mornings and the evenings filled with homework that will be starting soon. We have about a week of vacation left and I'm trying to savor every day. Yesterday we hit the local children's museum and we have a campout and a visit with friends coming up. Then, it's back to the grind...

Anyway, I've had some time to do a couple of layouts just for fun. This is the page I created for the Crate color challenge for August. I was so excited to see it featured on the Crate Blog yesterday!





I've had this picture sitting on my table for a while. Ryan loves to run outside with his socks on. On this particular day as I was telling him to put his shoes on, he lifts up his feet and says, 'But Mom, my feet aren't even dirty.'. Yeah, right! LOL So of course I took a pic and had to scrap it. I used a mix of several Crate lines and did some paint splattering (for the first time). It was a lot of fun!

The next thing I have to share is a card I made for the Once Upon A Sketch Aug. 15 sketch. I chose to use the design of the cluster on the sketch.



I used Echo Park's Victoria's Garden line on here. And I added a lot of stitching.




To create the banner I used the We R Memory Keepers Sew Easy Tool with the Banners attachment. It was so easy! I recently picked up a few other attachments and will definitely be using them again! I hate punching holes in paper to sew and this makes is waaaay easy.

Thanks to Once Upon a Sketch for having me this past month! It was a lot of fun!!

Well, that's it for today. Thanks for stopping by and have a good one. :)

13 comments:

noomiy said...

really love your layout! :)

Marianne/skorpionen said...

Love your layout and such a fun picture/story (well...not so funny for you I presume) *lol*
Stunning card as well, love the colors!

cnelson said...

Amazing, AMAZING work! I am ALWAYS inspired by coming here!!!

Daniela Dobson said...

I just saw that beautiful layout on the Crate blog!!! Love it!!!

Luz Maria Bruna said...

I saw your layout yesterday and I´ve to say I looove it and that sweet card wow so beautiful!!

Romy said...

Wow, such an amazing layout! I can understand why it got featured you on their blog, the soft and artsy look to it is so gorgeous:) And your card is a stunner too! Gotta love these Echo Park papers!

Leslie Ashe said...

I LOVE your style Anabelle!
you're such a talented, creative lady!

gorgeous work, my friend!

Patty O'Malley said...

Handsome boy layout and child! Love those socks! The card is beautiul. Love how you created the banner.

Blossom inch said...

beautiful creations!

Andrea Amu said...

Congrats on the Crate feature! That page is dynomite! Your paint splatters were perfection;)

And what a beauty of a card... s always! I just bought that banner attachment last weekend. Need to open that baby up!

Have a great weekend!

Kathydid47 said...

You're my new favorite blog! YOu have GREAT designs!!! I feel a scrap lifting mood coming on. Your "scrunched up seam binding" looks so much better than what mine does. I look at mine and think, "yup...looks like seam binding". Yours on the other hand looks brilliant. Question....do you wrap it around the card or do you just glue it in place flat on the front? (Does that make sense??? It's early!) Anyway....thanks for sharing your talents with the scrap world! Glad I found your blog!

Sherry Wright said...

Love the lo, Ryan is so adorable!! You're rockin the CP. That card is fab.. love the banner. That tool was fun. ttys ;)

Jaszmurka said...

Thank you so much for inspiration! :)

Here is my scraplift of your work :*

http://jaszmurkowekrzywulce.blogspot.com/2012/01/kawowo.html

hugs
Jaszmurka