Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Emma's Color Challenge

This week at Emma's we all created projects for the August color challenge. I love the neutral colors in the photo and created this card for it.



The base was made with a piece of Jenni Bowlin paper covered with Prima packaging. Then I made a little collage using Glitz paper, a prima flower, Girl's Paper letters, some lace and some gems. The stamps are Hero Arts. Love them!




This card was so much fun to make. Here's the photo that I used for my inspiration.



I've been loving using photos for inspiration lately. Pinterest is such a great source of ideas!!!

Speaking of photos, here's a couple I took today. While i was at the beach yesterday, my neighbor was texting me saying that a huge storm was blowing through our neighborhood. He swears a tornado touched down, though it wasn't confirmed. Luckily, there was nothing in our yard, but this is what was down the street...



Do you see the street sign bent in half?



Crazy!

Anyway, that's it for today. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day. :)





14 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh what a beautiful beautiful piece of work! Very stunning

Romy said...

This is such a gorgeous card! You do the neutral colours so well! And I also love the cluster of embellies. But gosh, those photos are pretty scary...it seems to be a really big thunderstorm!

Anonymous said...

Wowwwwwwwww what a GORGEOUS card!!

Patty O'Malley said...

Love your card! We were wondering how everything was at your house when we saw some of the reports on TV. There was supposed to have been a tornado near here also.

papertrails leaver said...

Such a beautiful card! Love th monochromatic theme. Scary about the storm! We experienced that here a few months ago and feel so fortunate we had moderate damage with no injuries. Still frightens the kids every time it starts to rain.

Elena Litvinova said...

very beautiful work!

Gitte said...

Beautiful beautiful card, I will use that for inspiration, so many thanks :o)

cnelson said...

WOWZERS!! Your card is absolutely STUNNING!!!

Danielle Flanders said...

wow!!! i just totally gasped when i saw this card! unbelievably gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

Thank You for being the member of this website. Please allow me to have the possibility to express my satisfaction with Hostgator web hosting. They offer professional and fast support and they also offer some [url=http://ceskeforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=721 ]HostGator discount coupons[/url].

I love HostGator hosting, you will too.

http://www.kadthoeng.com/hrcommunity/index.php?action=profile;u=97900

Marianne/skorpionen said...

Absolutely stunning card!! Just love the white/grey/black! Great with the packaging fra Prima.
Just made a layout in those "colors" and I just love the look of it!

Stella said...

I am drooling over your card; breathtaking and dripping with elegance...

I am happy that you are ok. That storm looks quite scary...

Ros said...

Stunning card ... I adore it

Audrey Pettit said...

Your card is stunning, Anabelle! I love that photo, and your take is just perfect. Such gorgeous use of neutrals and so much elegant detail to look at.
We had a crazy storm through our area night before last, too. Blew up out of nowhere, and took out trees and electricity. Thankfully, nothing major in our yard. Crazy weather! :)