Saturday, March 20, 2010

Happy Spring!

Yay! It's official! It's the first day of Spring. And while it's felt that way this past week, we can now kiss winter good-bye for real!! One of my favorite traditions for today is heading to Rita's for water ice. It's a regional goodie, kind of like an italian ice or a slushy! Well, most Rita's locations open up today. (Our's opened last Friday, woo hoo! We've already been there 3 times!!!) The fun part is that they give free water ice away. A couple of years ago my nephew and his friends drove around to 16 Rita's locations for the free treat on the first day of Spring!! One is fine for me. ;) They have a new flavor this year. Peeps!!! As in the yellow, marshmallowy chicks. I think this flavor may be a bit too sweet for me, but Ryan is dying to try it!

Anyway, in honor of Spring's arrival, I made this card.



I used Dawn McVey's color couture collection on here along with Background Basics: Tin Types and Tags for Spring stamp sets. I used Spring Moss ink and ribbon and Rustic Vintage and Poppy Ink cardstock.

So, hope you're all out enjoying this fun day! Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Spring!

4 comments:

Mel said...

This is a gorgeous card, the amount of elements on it is amazing, so much gorgeous colour, just reminds me of spring, and wow wish we had a Rita's here....

cnelson said...

Fantabulous! LOVE these fresh, spring-y colors!!

DeeDee said...

Love the colors and so happy Spring is here! :) Now I need the snow to melt...

Becky said...

I knew there was a reason that I visit you blog daily for insiration and goodness. You are a fellow Rita's fan. Awesome stuff, went there last Saturday Spring is here!