Friday, March 14, 2014

New Crate Projects

I have a couple of fun new Crate projects to share with you today. This week we featured several different inspiration boards on the Crate Blog. I love how each of them are so unique and individual!
Mine was created from a shelf that I picked up at a thrift shop. Here is the finished project.


I used a ton of goodies from Crate's Style Board collection. It's adorable and was perfect for this project. I started off by backing  my board with paper from the line.

Then, I used lots of chipboard frames which I embellished with chipboard elements from the collection.

I covered clothespins with paper and added a badge to each. Then I clipped them tot he frames. My goal is to add photos, fabric swatches, etc. that will inspire me to create. I love how the shabby feeling of the shelf/board fits perfectly in my scraproom.
 
My next project embodies the same feeing as my board. I used the same line to create this page about my love for decorating my Filofax pages.

 Let me tell you how I created the background. I used my Gelatos to color on clear transparencies. I mixed a couple of colors, then spritzed them with water. Once it was a watery 'mess', I picked up the transparency and moved it around so the colors swirled all together. Then, I flipped it over and pressed it onto the paper. I mopped up the extra water with a tissue.

I did this several times, using several colors, layering the colors onto each other until I was happy with the look. Then, I pulled out my mists and went at it. I added a lot of gold, which gives the page a really simmery feel!

Sequins and rubons from the collection were the perfect finishing touches.

I created my title using a journaling card and building onto it with chipboard elements and Thickers.
The Style Board collection is so versatile and is filled with the sweetest elements. Hope you found something that inspired you today! Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Romy said...

You have used this collection to perfection! I just love your new projects, especially the home deco piece!

~amy~ said...

really pretty projects!

Patty O'Malley said...

Awesome projects! Love that shelf!

Ashley Calder said...

Annabelle, these are beautiful projects! But I love love love that gelato background. Perfect!!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous Anabelle as always!!!!! Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!