Thursday, March 29, 2012

What I See...

Each month, the Crate Blog has a feature called Creative Weekly. There is a specific challenge put to the team and we each create a project for it. All week long, the projects are featured on the blog. This month's was to use Chartreuse. I LOVE this color! (Just bought a really cute cardigan, as a matter of fact, in chartreuse.)

Anyway, I decided to create a mini album. I used my Silhouette to cut the pages and decided to showcase photos of things I see on a daily basis at this point in time. Now that I have my iPhone, I take lots of pics for Instagram and these were perfect to use here.

I mostly used papers from Paperheart, Pretty Party and Farmhouse. And I added chipboard from Pretty Party and Farmhouse, too.

I decided to punch edges for my pages and used my favorite MS doily punch to do so. For the inside pages, I kept the design pretty simple. On the left side I added a few emebellishments and then my journaling. On the right side I used tags from the Pretty Party line, a piece of border sticker and a button. I backed the die cut numbers on the page with paper from Pretty Party, too.

So, here are some of the things I see:
My Scrap Table
 

Ryan snuggled up in his Cars comforter and watching TV in the morning before school.
My coffee maker in the morning and my Peppermint Mocha creamer alongside it.

 The front seat of my car on the way to visiting one of my sites. I have my work bags, coffee, water bottle, make up kits, calendar/planner and book on CD piled on there!
 My Le Creucet 6.75 Cherry colored Dutch Oven. It lives on my stovetop. I keep it there because a) it looks so pretty and b) I use it at least twice a week. LOVE it!
 The produce section at Acme. I'm at the grocery store several times a week!
 Pulu. Sitting in one of his many favorite places. Here he is on the corner of the dining room table looking into the kitchen and watching my every move. :)

 My gym. This was taken from the top of the parking garage where I often have to park because it's been getting so crowded. I love my classes, though. And the fact that it's 5 minutes down the road makes it so easy for me to get there!
So, that's it. And in case you're wondering, I do see my hubby, too. On a regular basis. But, he hates having his picture taken.  I did manage to sneak one in of him sitting on the couch watching Paladia (live music concert channel) but it came out too dark and I didn't have time to go back and sneak another shot. LOL~!
I plan on doing an album like this every so often. And I think it would be fun to have one of things Ryan sees.

Thanks for stopping by today! Have a good one. :)

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Anabelle this is stunning , so much work has gone into this, bravo!
well done.
Hugs Elaine

Anonymous said...

This album is the sweetest! I love the rows of paper lace and of coarse the paper :-) Your so creative and talented !

Kathydid47 said...

Love the happy feel of this album!! Great job!! TFS!
I esp love the "lacey" borders!

lolita cardenas c. said...

oh este album es perfecto muy bonito y detallado!

cnelson said...

Such a lovely mini album! LOVE it!

Danielle said...

This mini is sooo cute! Love the doily edges.

Romy said...

Gosh, this looks just gorgeous! I love it that you used some everyday shots for this mini album and they look perfect on this base of soft and pretty colours!

Linda Beeson said...

Isn't that a fun theme and LOVING the lacey edged papers.

Jill Norwood said...

Love your album and the idea of just taking a few snapshots to showcase of everyday life you are seeing! Adorable!

Patty O'Malley said...

So cute! Love the details.

Patty O'Malley said...

So cute! Love the details.

gleestormont said...

great idea, wouldn't you just love to have one of these from your mom or grandma's daily life at your same age???

gleestormont said...

Not sure if you keep up w/new comments on old pages. So today was my first visit to your blog and I just have to comment that when I am working out, the songs ALWAYS make me think about scrapbooking, too. Glad to know I'm not the only one.

danni reid. said...

absolutely GORGEOUS my friend, swoooon.

Karen Letchworth said...

Thanks for this "peek inside your world", Annabelle. It reminds me to take note of the "little things" and to be grateful for them Very sweet idea.
Hugs,
Karen L
karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

STC Technologies said...

That is cute and sweet all in one!

Christa said...

Anabelle, I enyou seeing these pieces of your everyday life. Your album is perfect and the palette so sunny and HAPPY. Suits you!