Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas!

The wrapping is done, the tree is up and the food is ready. Christmas has finally arrived! I'd like to take this chance to wish all of you a Merry Christmas! I hope you celebrate, as I will be, with the ones you love most.

I'm so excited to head to Christmas Eve Mass tonight. Celebrating the birth of Christ is what this is all about and sitting there in the beautifully decorated church, singing the songs and listening to the gospel passages always moves me to tears. Regardless of your beliefs, my wish for you is that your heart is filled with the loving spirit of this wonderful holiday.

Today is a special day in our house for another reason, too! It's my hubby's birthday! Yes, he was born at midnight on Christmas Eve. My mother in law loves to tell the story of how the nurses all gathered around him in the delivery room and sang Silent Night. Not a bad way to enter this world, huh!

Here is the card I made for him. I used some fun Jenni Bowlin goodies along with Papertrey Ink's Star Prints set. I stamped it onto Vintage Cream cardstock using True Black and Pure Poppy inks. I added the Joy Bingo card to give it a Christmasy flair, being that he has a Dec. 24 birthday!



That's it for today!
Have a wonderful Christmas. ;)

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas to you & yours Anabelle!! and happy birthday to your hubby too! Wishing you health & happiness in the New Year!!
(((holiday hugs)))
~rae

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family - and Happy Birthday for your DH. !!!

Hugs

Janelle said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family, Anabelle. And a very happy birthday to your husband!

Lulu said...

Have a wonderful Christmas Anabelle, and a Happy Birthday to your DH! I love love love the storey of the nurses singing that... sounds like it's out of a movie :)

Kathy Martin said...

Merry Christmas to you as well and a very happy birthday to your husband. How special to be born on Christmas eve! :) Kathy

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

Merry Christmas to you as well....looking forward to being with my kids....we have been cooking for days. We have a rather large family so we have to double all the casseroles! Hahahaha....I hope your days are blessed.
Debbie

DeeDee said...

Merry Christmas! My hubby is a Christmas baby so we're celebrating two births today. :)

Noreen Yun said...

Merry Christmas to you and your faimly. Wishing you luck and health in the following year. and happy birthday to you hubby!!!!!

Hugs.

Ingrid said...

Happy belated birthday to your hubby. My youngest one also celebrated her birthday yesterday. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

xoxo

Melanie said...

Merry Christmas everyone! Happy Birthday, Fran!

Daniela Dobson said...

Beautiul card. Merry Christmas!

Glynis said...

Have a blessed holiday season and a new year full of creativity. Love the b-day card.

scrapsfromaboy said...

Wath a great card! Have a year full of creativity and love!

XOXO Peter