Saturday, December 12, 2009

Glass Ornaments and Window Valances

I just woke up from a nap. Yes, a nap. I NEVER sleep during the day. But, I did today. This was one of those weeks. It was just non-stop. We were out last night and then I was up bright and early helping at the school bookair. After that, I had to go grocery shopping. Then, I drove Ryan to visit friends. We were going to use our child-free time to try and get some Christmas shopping done, but I just couldn't. I just came home and fell asleep. Now, I have a couple of quiet hours. :)

As you may know, I've been slowly redoing my scraproom. Just recently, I got my new valanaces. I knew I wanted to use Heather Bailey fabric. Well, I found a wonderful semastress to make them! I was online one night and I googled Heather Bailey Valance. Lo and behold it brought me to Jessica's blog. She had made one in the exact fabric I wanted. I emailed her...and the rest was history. If you need any custom work done, I highly reccomend her! She does beautiful work. Check out her blog. She has some of the most wonderful embroidery pieces I've ever seen! Plus, she's fast and a pleasure to work with.

Here are the pictures of my windows:




She sent me all of the scraps and I used them to spruce up the place. ;) One piece serves as a runner and another covers a bookshelf full of cardstock.

I also used some scraps to tie bows onto my baskets.



My room is so much more colorful now. Thanks so much, Jessica!

I'll leave you with a quick project. I love coloring my crystals to create custom designs. To create this project, I colored them with Copic markers and adhered them to clear ornament bulbs. I created a matching card using some Making Memories and Jenni Bowlin papers.





Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great day.

12 comments:

cnelson said...

gorgeous projects and gorgeous scraproom!! i'm in awe on both accounts!

Patty O'Malley said...

The valances are so cute! Great project.

Carmen said...

You have a scrapbook room? SO jealous! LOL...and it looks lovely! I'm waiting for my last one to move out, then I'll have my scrapbook room! =D

Melanie said...

I'm so JEALOUS!!! your room is beautiful!!Love the valances. Love it period. So neat and organized. LOL. Does it stay that way!! xoxox

Laura Davis said...

Stunning I love the bright fresh colors of your scrap room! :)
Laura

DonnaMundinger said...

Your scrap room is spectacular and soooo YOU! No wondr you create such gorgeous projects. What a pleasure it must be to work there. Fabulous idea to color your crystals! Never thought to use them on glass ornaments and I recently bought some. WooHoo! xxD

Kimberly said...

Love your new projects. That material is fab!

Heather said...

Love your redo! It is so pretty and feminine. I didn't know you could color the crystals. Learn something new every day.

Michele Kovack said...

Your scrap space is sooooo pretty!!! Love the valences! Love the card and ornaments too!!!

Daniela F. said...

Oh my... your scrap room looks so beautiful!! Can I move in? ;o) Great card, too!

Unknown said...

Beautiful valances and decorating touches. Love the pale blue wall color as well. Super cute card - the green felt embellishment is great.

Jenn said...

Your room looks beautiful, Anabelle!