Monday, January 5, 2009

It's Monday!

Back to school. Back to routines. Can't believe the holiday season is over. We took down the outside lights yesterday. And, sadly, the Christmas tree will be coming down soon. The first week of January is a tough one for me. I lost my dad 4 years ago tomorrow and somehow Ryan has ended up in the ER both this year and last year. (Thank goodness he's OK!) So, I think next year, I'm going to go straight from New Year's to Martin Luther King day!

Anyway, here are some fun scrappy projects that I have to share.
This first one is the project I did for Emma's Paperie this week. We did a workshop using these Mint Tins.





I created the tags using Creative Imaginations stickers and stamping them with Making Memories stamps. You have to check out the Emma's Blog. There are some really cute ideas posted with the tins, including one with a lip gloss recipe!!

This next project is a card that I made for Iris Babao Uy, one of my Webster's teammates. She just had a baby girl on Dec. 30. We all created cards for her. I used Webster's papers, K and Co. chipboard and brad, a vintage image by B. Shackman and a Prima flower and jewel.





Finally, I posted a layout on the MMM blog. We are all sharing projects done using The Scrapbooker's Creativity Kit. It's a really cool book. It comes with two decks of cards. One with words and one with colors. You choose a word and two or three colors then create a project. Here's what I picked.


And here is a sneak peek of my page.

You can see the rest of it here: MMM Blog

That's it for this Monday. Thanks for stopping by!!!

26 comments:

Kimberly said...

I love your card. It has that ecclectic feel of the 1950's and those were more simpler times. Makes me feel nostalgic. Will check out the MMM Blog!

Unknown said...

All of these are so lovely! LOVE the card :)

ashlee said...

I LOVE your card!!! Everything is beautiful!!

Lucy Edson said...

LOVE that layout on the MMM blog! Stunning layering and design!

That card for Iris is so adorable!! And I think I need those Making Memories stamps now! Those tags are too cute!

Holidays are hard when we have lost loved ones. Hope you get back into the swing of things soon! :)

danni reid. said...

everything you do turns to absolute gold my friend, you always amaze me! I am so, so sorry to hear about your dislike of the new years, understandably. Hugs & so much love to you!!!
danni

Ann said...

I love that little tin--perfect for gift-giving. And the vintage image on your baby card is oh-so-sweet! :D

Lori Renn said...

Hey sweet Anabelle! I'm sending hugs your way. Losing a parent is so hard (I lost my mom) and those anniversaries can be emotionally draining. I hope this first week is peaceful for you with no hospital trips! Love that card! Amazing work as always. I think I'll pick up that book!

Daniela Dobson said...

The tags are awesome. That baby card is beautiful. Checking out the MM blog for more details.

whoistracy said...

I love that tag tin. What a super idea!

Chrys said...

Cute projects!!!!!

Renata Pacheco said...

Hi, Anabelle. I've seen your tin on Emma's blog and I loved it. It's a cute gift with all these tags.

Julie Overby said...

So sorry about your loss. I'm glad Ryan is okay. Keep on keepin' on!

Gorgeous projects Anabelle. You really are so very, very talented.

Danielle Holsapple said...

I am sorry this week is always such a hard one for you. (HUGS)
You tin is adorable, as is the card! I am off to see your LO!

TheShermanFam said...

I hope your year gets better each day. Losing a parent is soo tough...anniversaries are always the hardest :(
I LOVE the baby card. It is just so adorable! And I really love the MMM LO...I've never heard of that kit. I'm going to have to investigate, it looks really cool!
TFS!

Amber said...

Anabelle, what beautiful creations! I absolutely love the Baby Girl card, and I'm sure your friend will love it! Left you a little award on my blog.
Hope you are feeling better thru the first weeks of the new year:)

Anonymous said...

Love all your projects Anabelle! Hope Ryan is feeling better now. Have a blessed day! Amy Tara

Laura Davis said...

Oh my everything is stunning!!
Hugs
Laura

Hilary Kanwischer said...

What sweet, sweet projects. Everything is just wonderful! Happy New Year! :)

Anonymous said...

Lovely tin! I love how you created the tags and stamped on them, Anabelle!

The MMM layout is gorgeous...love all the little details!

Your card for Iris is adorable! The bling swirls are my fave!

I feel for you and am so sad about your loss...I hope this year brings you many blessings and joy in abundance, Anabelle!

Julia Sandvoss said...

Love the tin but the baby girl card is the cutest really!!!

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

Love each and everyone of these projects! That card is just adorable!

Anonymous said...

I have those cute little tags but haven't used them yet. you given me some cool ideas!!

Linda Beeson said...

Anabelle - your creations are just tooooo much! WOW! That little tin is a treasure and how completely adorable is that little vintage image!

Cris Cunningham said...

Lovely, Lovely projects Anabelle. I am so fond of the mint tins and am always looking for creative ways to use them. Thanks for the tips. Everything is so beautiful!

jaz lee said...

U amaze me again and again.this mint box project is too cute!tfs!

Terri Conrad said...

Hi Annabelle,

your card using my WP paper product is just adorable. I'm sure Iris loved it!

Terri Conrad