Monday, December 22, 2008

Down to the Wire!

Only 3 more days! I'm still managing to keep my sanity. I think trying to keep it simple has been really helpful. Focusing on some hand made gifts and enjoying Ryan's events at school has really kept the spirit of the season for me.

This weekend we went to see Babes in Toyland at a local children's theater. It was wonderful. Ryan really enjoyed it. We will certainly be back there for other performances.

Last weekend we visited Hershey, PA for their Christmas celebration. It was awesome! DH picked up these candles for gifts for his co-workers. I wrapped them up with some kisses and a pack of hot chocolate. Can I tell you how good these smelled?? The tag is done with a Stampin Up stamp, Sweet and Sassy Stamps border and some old Paper Salon paper. They were quick and fun to do.




Here is one of the last Christmas cards I've made. I actually dreamed about that sentiment. Isn't that wierd?? I dream about making cards! I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder, rhinestones, K and Co. paper and a Melissa Frances glittered chipboard piece.




To cap off our weekend, we had a visitor last night. Santa dropped by for a visit! He brought Ryan a pen, a coloring book, some crayons and a candy cane. The look on his face when Santa asked him if he's been a good boy was PRICELESS! He's still a little freaked out by the man in red, and I thought he was going to cry when Santa asked him that. I jumped in and saved him, though. I told Santa he's been good when it counts. :)



Thanks for stopping by. Hope all of your holiday preparations are going smoothly. Happy Hannukah to all of my Jewish friends!!!

13 comments:

Ann said...

Mmm, those gifts looks yummy! I've smelled those Hershey's candles before, so I know how heavenly they are.

I love your Christmas card, too. Nothing weird about dreaming of cards--I do it sometimes. :D

Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

what a cute isea for a Thank You. And that card is so cute :-) Hope you and your family have a very Merry Chritmas!! Char

Unknown said...

Oooo, I love those embossing folders. I just ordered a bunch & can't wait to try them out. Who wouldn't want one of those "thank you" gifts? You have great ideas!

Julie Overby said...

What fun lil' gifts. Great idea! I love your card too. Hilarious that you had a dream about them....this is gettin' a little serious Anabelle! LOL!

Leigh Penner said...

Love how you wrapped up those gifts!!
Wishing you a very merry Christmas, Anabelle!

Katie said...

What adorable gifts! And I too dream of cards....you aren't the only weird one ;)

Katie

Kristin Hayne said...

I TOTALLY dream about stuff too!! I especially dream about journaling.... ACK! Weird stuff!! I guess that is how the creative mind works though!!
Lovely gifts!! Bet they smelled yummy!

Kimberly said...

Perfect gifts for giving to co-workers! You wrapped them very nicely. How fun that SANTA made a special visit for your Ryan. That is a terrific memory for years to come.

Kandis Smith said...

hehe--dreaming cards. I SOOOO do that too! Darling card and I love your gift idea with the Hersheys--super cute!

Linda Beeson said...

Anabelle - chocolate should always be a good answer and how fun you picked them up at the actual location! I so want to go there! Love your little creations.

Anonymous said...

Those are great gifts! so cute!
Merry Christmas!!!

Alexis said...

Very cool idea!! We just went to Heshey but I've never been there for the holidays! Have a great Christmas :D

Molly said...

Oh, man! Hershey!!! that is only 45 minutes away from where I grew up and where my family still is! I miss it so! :D So glad you were able to go there for the Christmas stuff...I love Hershey during Christmas, so fun and festive!