Thursday, December 18, 2008

Do What You Love...

Well, craft day at school was a huge success! Twenty three houses have been made and wrapped up to go home. Twenty three mice ornaments, reindeer ornaments and foam picture frames will be going home, too. All of the work and prep were worth it. The kids had a great time!

I took a little break from Christmas preparations today to do a card. I have been wanting to pull out my Amy Butler K and Company stuff for a while and finally got to use them. I made this card based on Laura's sketch 15 at 2 Sketches 4 You.

I used some GCD Studios paper along with the Amy Butler papers, rubons, chipboard and brad. Love that sentiment. I've been thinking about doing some 'rearranging' in my life and that quote has been resonating in my head. ;)




Tomorrow is the concert at school. Ryan is sooo excited. I can't wait. Pre-school was really great, but I'm loving all of the elementary school rituals so far this year. We're going to be those dorky parents sitting there with the camera, camcorder and Grandma waving at our little cherub on the stage. Haa haa!

Thanks for stopping by!

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! This is beautiful... love this card, the colors and specially the button in the middle of the flower...HUGS...SK :)

Eva said...

What a gorgeous card!!! I so love your style

Laura Davis said...

Oh Anabelle this is so beautiful! Thank you for playing it is always a treat to see your work:)
Have fun at the concert!
Laura

Wendy Kwok said...

Lovely card. Always is and will be a fan of your cards. Such great balance and details. Amazing!

Unknown said...

Another stunning creation! I love those papers and really love what you've done with them!
(-:Heidi

Frida said...

Wow, gorgeous card !!!
I love how you used the paper.
And that Quote is great !
I wanne keep it in my mind !

Dizzie Noodle said...

I really like this card and that little button is just awesome!

Michelle

Lori Renn said...

OOOh! This blog design looks familiar! Great minds think alike, lol! Loved your page in MM this month. I am so thrilled for your success!

DonnaMundinger said...

Just gorgeous Annabelle! Love the soft colors. And how fabulous that you are able to share your love of crafting with the kids. I'm sure the parents, teachers, and kids themselves so appreciate all of your hard work. You really follow this quote, don't you? xxD

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!! Have a wonderful time at the concert!! marry christmas!! Char

Anonymous said...

wow that is just lovely!!

Linda Beeson said...

Your card is just wonderful and wow does that beautiful brad fit in perfectly! Congrats on surviving your crafting day and it sounds like they had fun!

Ann said...

Beautiful colors, and I love the bling! :D

david santos said...

Pretty imagination!!!
Congratulations!!!!

Hilary Kanwischer said...

Always a treat for us to stop by. You are amazing and your projects are simply wonderful. Merry Christmas!! :)

Katie said...

Oh Annabelle, this is gorgeous!! LOVE that fabric covered button~so sweet!

Merry Christmas!
Katie

Unknown said...

You are so talented! I love the color combinations!

Kimberly said...

Wonderful! Sounds like you are having a terrific Christmas Season.

Keri Lee Sereika said...

This is beautiful Anabelle! I miss seeing your fab stuff each week at CPS!!! :(

Mrs J said...

Annabelle, thank you so much for the lovely comment that you left on my blog, I really appreciate it. To answer your question yes I did hand bead the bauble; quite relaxing to do but a bit of a strain on the eyes!
As always your card is beautiful! Your creations are always stunning and also so inspiring to see.
Wishing you and your family a happy and peaceful Christmas,
Sarah x

Martha said...

Your work is fabulous! Love this card! Thanks for leaving your comment on my blog.
Martha

Allison said...

fab card, love the colours
AllisonX

Lucy Edson said...

SO beautiful, Anabelle! I love Amy Butler's stuff!

Anonymous said...

bsolutly `beautiful` Annabelle..love Amy Butlers designs..
Enjoy the Concert!!!
`Merry Christmas` to you and yours:)~X~

Wendy Schoonhoven said...

Gorgeous card...xxxWendy.