Sunday, February 3, 2013

Stamp Storage

One of my 'Scrappy Resolutions' for this year is to stamp more. I have collected stamps for years, but really want to use them more. So, before I could do that, I decided I needed to organize and purge. That's done and now I can access my stamps much more easily. I thought I'd share what I did.

First, I got rid of a lot of older ones that, even though they were loved, I knew I wouldn't use. Then, I invested in some Office Depot CD plastic cases. I've seen these used by several stampers and I knew that being able to flip through my stamps would be best for me.

I placed the larger sets into the CD cases and put them in baskets on the shelf right behind my table. Here's a closer look.




 My next thought was what to do with the smaller or single sets. I decided to punch holes in the top of their packaging and put them on rings so I could easily flip through them, as well.



Since I have so many PTI stamps, I placed those rings in their own basket in front of the PTI CD case sets.


I am really happy with how this turned out. I feel like my collection is manageable now and I can find exactly what I'm looking for!

So, since I'm on the topic of stamping today, I thought I'd share a card that I made recently for Paper Crafts Stamp It 3 Ways  issue.


(I love this issue so much! There are 3 cards for each stamp set and you get so many ideas on how to use stamps in a versatile way.)

I used PTI's Hello Sunshine set. I decided to turn the sun rays into pennants!


I stamped and embossed them with American Crafts Zing powder in Butter and Mustard. The paper and little chipboard balloon are Echo Park.

Well, that's about all for this morning. Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!

9 comments:

Patty O'Malley said...

Aren't you clever! You need to share your ideas perhaps in Paper Crafts. Love the card!

Debbie said...

TFS these great tips on stamp storage, Anabelle! Hope you're keeping warm and cozy this winter :)

Leslie Ashe said...

Your storage is GENIUS! I love your space Anabelle!!

Mandalika said...

Thank you so much for sharing this, my stamps are out of control and this has given me lots of ideas.
I adore you card, so pretty.

caz hancock said...

I am just loving your stamp storage, so nicely organised. WOW your card is just stunning, i wish i could do them so nice, well done on getting in the magazine :)

debbie said...

Thanks for sharing! Great tips on stamp storage. Beautiful card!

Anonymous said...

I love your idea of them being open in a basket. Last year I bought some plastic CD cases at Office Depot and while the CD cases fit perfectly they have a lid and I have them full, so it's a tight fit..I see that the baskets give you more room to thumb thru and see what you have! A very cute card and so creative!

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

I've been wondering about some new stamp storage myself! Thanks for some great new ideas!!!

Ruby said...

This is a very nice way to organize your stamps. You might have the same storage for your important documents. However, be sure to have your collection and your important documents sorted properly to avoid mixing them up, especially when you need to look for some needed docs. :)

[ Ruby Badcoe ]