Friday, November 15, 2013

Scrapbook and Cards Today November Colour Suite

I am so excited to share a layout I created for Scrapbook and Cards Today's Colour Suite. The Colour Suite goes live today. Summer Fullerton hosts this awesome challenge each month on the SCT blog. She invited me to create a page for the challenge and I loved doing it. The color combo was quite unique. It's definitely not one that I would have put together, but I love the results.
Here is the graphic for the challenge this month.

Here is what I came up with. I decided to use the kraft Studio Calico paper for my background. I knew I wanted to create a page about the beautiful Japanese Maple that sits outside our window. When I saw the deep cabernet red, I immediately thought of some ribbon that came in my recent Studio Calico kit. I added touches of pink and black and just a bit of the butter yellow.

While these color aren't typical of a 'fall palette' they were perfect for my photo. I really wanted the bright ribbon and picture to stand out on the page and they do!
 
 

Be sure to stop by Summer Fullerton's blog to see her creation. And stop by the SCT blog to see what the Colour Suite is all about. You can play along with the challenge and win a year's subscription to Scrapbook and Cards today!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day. :)

2 comments:

Romy said...

Your lay-out is simply fabulous! I just love that big bow!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous as always!!! I think I like that big red bow too :-)