Friday, November 8, 2013

Moxie Fab Thanks! Blog Hop



There have been so many changes, over the years, in the paper crafting industry. I have to admit, I'm not a fan of many of the recent ones. Companies, people, trends, they've come and gone. But, one constant has been Cath Edvalson. I first met Cath when she emailed me for an assignment for Paper Crafts Magazine. I was over the moon excited! For several years, I worked closely with Cath and the PC crew. Cath was always supportive, encouraging and fun. I truly enjoyed all of our interactions. I was lucky enough to have met her in person, several times, as well. She is as sweet and personable in real life as she is online. When Cath left her creative editor position at PC, I was sad, but excited to know that she'd still be around guiding us through the trends of the day on Moxie Fab World. Now, Cath  is moving on again. Her presence in the paper crafting world will be sorely missed! I know I'm not the only one who feels this way. When she announced her 'retirement' hundreds of crafters pulled together in order to honor her. That says a lot. She is an amazing person. I know she has some wonderful things ahead of her.

I created this card today for Cath as a way to say thank you. Thank you for being an inspiration and thank you for sharing your creativity with us.


I made a little vellum sequin pocket and embellished it with Crate Paper chipboard, resin and stickers.

You should have come here from Irit Shalom. Your next stop will be at Michele Gross' blog. If you missed anyone along the way, start with the Moxie Fab World Blog and hop along. Or use the links below for easy access.

I am truly honored to be one of the many who are paying tribute to an amazing lady today. Thanks so much for stopping by and helping me celebrate my friend.

Cath, you truly are Moxie Fab! ♥

55 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card, Annabelle!

Kelly Booth said...

Such a Gorgeous Card!!

Patty O'Malley said...

Pretty card!

Jingle said...

This is so gorgeous! The softness is just incredible!

joscelyne cutchens said...

i LOVE your card!

Lea Lawson said...

Love that vellum envelope with sequins, & embossed doily!! Beautiful colors too!

Tenia Nelson said...

Just gorgeous, dearie!!

Anonymous said...

So beautiful!

shirley-bee said...

Fabulous! Love the vellum sequin pocket.

natashakara said...

Oh, wow! this is delightful! I love the velum, it gives such a soft feminine touch :)

Darnell said...

Annabelle, that was beautifully written and your card is the sweetest for sweet Cath! How wonderful that you had her in your real life!! Hugs, Darnell

Jane said...

Beautiful!

Unknown said...

Thanks for voicing my thoughts. Good luck Cath in your future plans.

marisa_g said...

Beautiful card for a beautiful person!

Beverley said...

Beautiful, so soft & pretty. I love the sentiment too. Hugs Bev x

Michele Gross said...

Annabelle, your card is gorgeous :)

Annette Witherspoon ♥ said...

Wow. I love this. The stitching, the vellum and the hearts are so cool!

Susie W. said...

So, so pretty!

Cathy A said...

Lovely soft design

Debbie said...

In true 'Anabelle' style, simply beautiful and perfect :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful design Annabelle!

Jennifer Jackson said...

Very Pretty! Love the layers!

Lisa - papergrace said...

Beautiful, soft card and stunning sentiment. I love everything you wrote about Cath...so true.♥

Lindsay said...

I agree Annabelle, change is so hard. I am not a fan! This card is a lovely, layered beauty!

Unknown said...

GORGEOUS card....beautiful words.

Alice said...

love the pocket shaker idea! gorgeous card, Annabelle!!

Annette Allen said...

wow this is stunning..

Unknown said...

so pretty! I bet she will love it :)

cal8007 said...

Love the vellum touch! Good idea - mind if I use your idea, I hope not!

Michelle Lupton said...

So very pretty!!

Dawn T said...

an awesome card.

Tasnim said...

Great post, beautifully written and accompanied with an equally beautiful card. Love the soft colors and the general feel of this card!

Taheerah said...

I so enjoyed reading your post, and you card is so exceptionally beautiful! Cath will absolutely love it! Thank you so much for being a part of this event with us!

Lin said...

ADORE this card, Annabelle! Love the effect you got with the vellum and sequins!!

Cindi said...

The vellum sequin packet is nice!

~Tammy~ said...

Right up my shabby loving alley! So sweet and perfect!

Jessi Fogan said...

Be still my heart! Utterly beautiful.

Alice Golden said...

What a beautiful card and heartfelt tribute - well said! The sequin pocket is very moxie fab. :)

Keren Baker said...

What a great post and your card is gorgeous. I love that hidden shaker card with the embossing on! Thanks for joining with the blog hop! X

Valerie said...

So soft and pretty!

Deirdre said...

Gorgeous creation and beautiful sentiment.

Katie Gehring said...

This is really, really beautiful! Love all the layering and the softness you achieved. This card is like a big hug!

Jaclyn Miller said...

oh, that bit of hidden sequins is so delightful!

Shelly said...

Ooooh, such a pretty card! Love it! :)

N@ Ali said...

oh my gorgeous!

Brenda Weaver said...

gorgeous!

{Rebecca Fellows} said...

I love your work, Annabelle and this card is fabulous!!

DoBea A. said...

beautiful card! Love the embossing!!

yyam said...

Really pretty card! :)

Cath said...

Thank you so much for this gorgeous card, Anabelle, and for the heartfelt words behind it. I think you know how much you mean to me. You have been a constant source of inspiration since the beginning, and I know we will always be friends. Thank you for all the love and support you have shown me over the years. It means more than I could ever say. Much love to you, my ever moxie fab friend! :)

Ashley Newell said...

This is amazing! I love the layered hearts!

Unknown said...

Truly beautiful! I love the embossing on the vellum. Hugs, Sabrina

maria f. said...

Lovely card, lovely words.

Unknown said...

Latest cars and vehicles, Latest Mazda Models, Racing Cars, International Sport Cars, Concept Cars, PS-Pod, Strange Vehicles, Nissan, Royce Corniche, Ford Concept Cars, Strange Vehicles, Mercedes and More Sport Cars and Vehicles with Pictures and Info
WorldLatestVehicles.blogspot.com

ayaz said...

Best Business Investment Plan without any work, You can Invest as low as 1$ Dollar to 100$ Dollars and Get Daily profit of 10.00%, Guaranteed Payment with Minimum Earning is $1.
Join Now for Make Perfect Business and Earn Money online from home.
www.hotfxearnings.com