Sunday, December 18, 2011

Card Sharks Finals

I'm so excited to have made it to the finals of the Nook's Card Sharks challenge! After several weeks of playing along, we are down to the last three. It has been so much fun and I've been really inspired by everyone's cards. Now,the voting has begun.
I'd love for you to hop over to the Nook Blog and cast your vote. Just leave a comment in the comments section there.

Here is the first card I made this week. The challenge was to use a bird as the focal point. You can vote for this card HERE.




The chipboard on here is Basic Grey. I created the rosette with crepe paper and Platinum Stickles. The paper is vintage sheet music and some Melissa Frances. I added the vintage foil stars and some gems, too.

This next card was for a challenge to use 2 patterned papers, 2 embellishments (I picked chipboard) and 2 words. As you know, I love to add loads of details to my cards, so I really had to think out of the box for this one. I went with the clean and simple look and do like how it turned out. You can vote for this card HERE.




I used some Crate Peppermint and BG chipboard on here. The letter stickers are AC Thickers.

So, that's it for today. Thanks for taking the time to hop over to the Nook blog and cast your vote!!

Have a great day!~ Anabelle

7 comments:

Emily said...

So gorgeous! I love the bird!!!

Romy said...

Big congrats on making it to the finals! You deserve it: your cards are always pure eye-candy. These two cards are so gorgeous too! I'm keeping my fingers crossed you'll win!

Audrey Pettit said...

Gorgeous! What wonderful cards, Anabelle! Love them both, and how fun to see you do clean and simple. :)
Good luck to you. You got my vote!

cnelson said...

Your work is never short of FABULOUS!!!

Julie Overby said...

These are SOOO pretty!!

~jan said...

I have loved every single one of your cards for this contest, Anabelle! :) Both of these are exceptional, each in their own way. I love that stickled crepe paper rosette so much and that NOEL card has me swooning!

Happy Holidays!

Kate Vickers said...

Gorgeous cards Anabelle! I was never really interested in card making until I joined the Nook and came across all of the talented card makers there. You have definitely inspired me. :)