Sunday, March 8, 2009

Damask Designs

I received the most wonderful package the other day. It was my first order from Paper Trey Ink. They have amazing stuff! I have been wanting to jump in and try their stamps and was finally pushed over the edge when my friend Dawn McVey released her own designs with them. Her set, Damask Designs is officially my new favorite! I had some time to start playing this morning and came up with a couple of things.

This first uses more sedated colors. I think it could be given to a guy! As you know, I don't enjoy making masculine cards, but I totally think this one fits my bill of being a bit elegant, but still masculine. The papers are Dream Street and Jenni Bowlin. The sentiment is from PTI's Mixed Messages set.



This next trio is a set of gift enclosure cards. I love this size. They are 4 1/2 by 2 1/2 inches. Perfect to be tucked on a package or in a gift bag. I used some PTI grosgrain ribbon on these, too.





That's it for today. I need to get outside and play a bit. It's a balmy 65 degrees. This weather has just been wacky. We were stuck inside with a snowstorm on Monday and Tuesday and yesterday and today we've been playing in beautiful spring like weather.

Thanks for stopping by!

27 comments:

Shanna said...

I love these Anabelle!!! Love the colors! Love the stamps! Very pretty!

Daniela Dobson said...

I love these!!! I think I might get this one now. I picked a different set and then I won one after the blog hop. I picked a set that I have been wanting for a while. This set is next on the list.

Ingrid said...

Gorgeous cards, Anabelle. I have to check out the PTI site.

Danielle Flanders said...

so so beautiful!!

Patty O'Malley said...

Absolutely beautiful and creative!

Anonymous said...

These are soo `beautiful` Annabelle...been looking for Damask stamps for ages!!!I want some but just dont seem to be able to find any in UK...as beautiful as these..TFS:)♥

Mimmers49 said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Sue Jones said...

Those colours are so pretty together. Fab cards!

Dria said...

wow ANABELLE! You have out done yourself yet again! Beautiful cards and designs. I need that stamp.

Kim Faucher said...

oh wow...just stunning... wait til Dawn sees these... love them so.. I'll need to get my set out and play around.. you have just inspired me!

Kim

Unknown said...

Lovely and elegant! Great designs.

Julie Overby said...

Wow, that was some serious gorgeousness!! LOVE coming to your blog. So very inspirational!

I saw these stamps at that site and have been just drooling over them!!

Jolene said...

Oh my! These are beautiful. I love your 2 1/2 x 4 1/2 cards. I'm going to have to try a few in that size. So cool.
Jolene

Audrey Pettit said...

We have had the same crazy weather here. Last Monday and Tuesday were snow, and this weekend has been in the upper 70's. think we may have even broken 80 yesterday. So weird, isn't it?
I love your gorgeous stamped cards. I so completely relate to not liking to make masculine cards. I just want to be girly, I guess. But I totally think you could give that first one to a man, and you're right, it's still completely elegant. That trio of gift cards are fabulous, too. I've never made any that size before, and now I'm completely inspired. Also love your use of yellow.......a color I have a very hard time with.
thanks so much for sending me that recipe for kale. It sounds really, really good. I'm definitely going to be trying that soon!

maria W said...

wow your work is so pretty nice job :)

Melissa said...

Ohhh my goodness.....I don't think I've ever seen anything so beautiful...truly lovely Anabelle!
Melis

Michelle StClair said...

Love how you used this stamp to make 2 totally different types of cards. Beautiful!

Wendy Kwok said...

i love all the cards. So beautiful

Jenn said...

PTI really suits you, Anabelle! They are all gorgeous!

Leslie Ashe said...

Oh LOVE LOVE LOVE them Anabelle!!! My goodness..what fantastic stamps!
You are so amazing!

Kimberly said...

As usual, very pretty. Those stamps are fab you are using.

Unknown said...

Stunning cards!! I couldn't help but spot the houndstooth...I'm obsessed with it right now!!

ellen s. said...

i am just loving the size of that trio. i do the tiny 2 1/2 by 2 1/2 but i have to try that now! they are gorgeous....gorgeous!

Lisa Dorsey said...

Gorgeous cards Anabelle! LOVE the softness of the white, yellow and turquoise ones.

Hugs,
Lisa

Jody said...

You do the most exquisite work...I am floored by your talent :)

Linda Beeson said...

Your little gift enclosure cards are pretty much priceless. I would consider them more amazing to receive then the gift you tucked them into. LOVE those damask stamps and I just love the colors you used on all of them.

Anonymous said...

LOVE this color combo...