Sunday, October 21, 2012

Oh, Baby!

Now that my baby is 9 and into the 'kid' world, I have to admit I'm craving the baby years. I'd love another little one and I'd love to relive the pre-school, stay at home Mommy years. Sigh. Unfortunately, being on the downslide to 50 means that there will be no more babies here. But, I CAN use some fun baby goodies from Crate to create baby projects!

This first one is a booklet I made as a gift for a friend who just had a little girl.
 She has two older sons (8 and 10) and I thought it would be fun to make a keepsake for the new little one. I created it with envelopes and made them into pockets to hold a message from each family member.



I used lots of Crate Little Bo Peep papers, stickers, and chipboard on here.


 Between each envelope is a page created from a Hambly transparency. I thought they could add photos to this page.


 Of course, I added doilies in. I think I add them to everything. They are such a fun accent!

 I cut their names with my Silhouette and accented them with some Studio Calico Wood Veneers.
Finally, I punched holes in everything and bound them together with some twine. It was a really simple, yet fun, gift to make!

Speaking of Little Bo Peep, I also created a layout using it.

 This is my friend's daughter when she was a baby. She's snuggling with her grandmother.
 I added some Studio Calico Heyday goodies to this, along with chipboard and twine.
 I finished it off with some mist splatters and gems.
It's so fun to create with pink for a change of pace!
Thanks so much for stopping by and for checking out my baby projects today. Now, I'm off to the world of baseball, archery and scouts, LOL!
Have a great day. :)

2 comments:

Patty O'Malley said...

Beautiful projects! Love that album!

Anonymous said...

You are always so creative!!! Love the mini, adorable!