Wednesday, April 9, 2008

5 Years Ago Today...

Five years ago today, I became a mother. It was the happiest day of my entire life! I have been teary all day. I can't believe my baby is five. Everyone says the time flies by. Boy, does it.

He had an exciting morning. He woke up to a new bike - his first two wheeler! (He wouldn't give up that tricycle forever!). Fran decided he needed a scooter, too. So he got a Razor. Both of them had balloons tied to them and he was thrilled to see them as he walked into the living room. He rode the bike from the living room, throught the kitchen and into the dining room several times. We went outside in our PJs, too. He's such a happy camper. Today we'll have lunch at Burger King with Fran and dinner at Perkins with my mom. Can you tell he picked the places??? Yes, he's spoiled, but that's what happens when you have two parents who adore you. I figure if I'm good to him now, he'll be sure to visit me in the nursing home one day. ;)

Here are a couple of old layouts. They are the first two that I did when I started scrapping his albums four years ago. They certainly aren't fancy or trendy, but I have looked at them over and over again. They are what scrapping is all about.

Here is a 2 pager of me exactly 5 years ago today. I started getting teary eyed as I looked at this one again. Seeing my dad there breaks my heart. He loved Ryan to death and would have been just thrilled to be with him as he turns 5. Twenty months was just too short of a time to have them together....




This one was a lift. I wish I could remember who did the original, but my 40+ year old brain doesn't work so well anymore. :) The layout highlights our birth announcement. I love the photo of him. He was 2 weeks old.




So, that's my walk down memory lane.

Here is one I did this week. I've scrapped the photos before, but I just love them. I used lots of Pink Paislee and Queen and Company on here. The quote pretty much sums up motherhood. Our angels are never out of our thoughts.....






Well, enough sappiness for one day. ;) I'm off to bake cupcakes. We'll be taking them into school and I'm going to spend some time with him there.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

17 comments:

Julia Sandvoss said...

A very special Happy 5th Birthday to Ryan!! It's days like this that I am forever grateful we scrapbook to keep these memories in our hearts and minds!! :-)

Patty O'Malley said...

What a touching walk down memory lane!

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

beautiful as always Anabelle!! :)

Laura Williams said...

Awww, Anabelle - you are making me all weepy and sappy now too!!! sigh. Love seeing people's hospital and new baby layouts! :) Hugs girly, happy birthday to your little man!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Ryan...

Wow Anabelle you are so right on how fast the time goes by. Enjoy your day together!!

Chris Millar said...

Let me start by saying that you don't look anything like 40+!!! A big happy b'day to your son. My daughter is 10 today (10th) so I know that feeling of being teary and wondering where the years have gone!

roree said...

Happy Birthday, Ryan! Sounds like you are having a wonderful birthday. :)

What sweet layouts, Anabelle! They sure do grow up fast, don't they?!

Sherry Wright said...

Aww girl you made me all teary eyed, I love seeing a pic of your Dad.. absolutely priceless layout. Happy Birthday Ryan and mom. ((hugs))

Melanie said...

Oh, Anabelle - what a beautiful woman in labor you were. And I remember that day sooo well! I was watching the news along with you. See...we are connected after all. :). What a precious thing for you to have both your parents there with you for this. Have a wonderful day with your little man.

ricanlaw said...

Annabelle, I was have those very same feelings last year. Love your post, happy birthday to your little one. I love the layouts too.

Anonymous said...

very "Happy 5th B`day" to your little boy Ryan...What beautifl LO`s..always nice to look back and reminice...hmmm...
I love your latest Lo aswell it`s gorgeous:)x

Lea L. said...

Awww...what a sweet post! It was fun getting to see your layouts progress. Hope he had the best birthday ever! (BTW- I so love that he picked BK and Perkins to celebrate at...such a kid choice. It is perfect!)

~Lea

Dena said...

Happy birthday to your lil man!
Time does fly huh!
I can't believe Zoe will be 7 and then I turn 30 right after. UGH.
Give Ryan a great big birthday hug and tell him to put a brick on his head to keep him from growing ;)
That always cracks Zoe girl up!

Tina said...

Happy Birthday to your little one Anabelle!!!

Anonymous said...

Another gorgeous page - wow! Those little ones grow SO fast, don't they? I can't believe my little baby will soon be a year, let alone my oldest who will turn 8 this year. It just goes too fast!

Carrie C said...

Aww, I didn't realize Ryan and Xander were so close in age! (duh) Xander turned 5 on the 3rd. :( I can't believe they start kindergarten next year.

*Learn, Love, Travel, Live* said...

what a beautiful post!! keep it up!