Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

I love Valentine's Day. It's one of my favorite holidays of the year. So fun and festive. Not a lot of work, though, which is nice. I am going to make our annual special dinner. Ryan, Fran and I are having filet mignon, crab cakes and chocolate fondue (for dessert).

Here are some Valentines that I made recently using Crate Paper's DIY Shop line. Crate has some gorgeous Valentine's lines, but I wanted to make something with a different color palette. There are several gold embellishments with the line, so I decided to use gold and cream as my predominant colors.

  I spritzed the background with gold mist and added a gold doily on this one.

Here, I layered some die cuts and added that fun clothespin.


 I love the gold chevron tag! I added a gold flower die cut and some Thickers to round out this one.

It's fun to find other lines that work so well for different holidays!As a matter of fact, that gold flower does resemble a poinsettia. Maybe I could use it for a Christmas card!

Thanks so much for stopping by today. Happy Valentine's Day!

6 comments:

Charlene said...

Gorgeous!!! Happy Valentines Day!

Leann said...

I so love your style!

Enjoy your yummy supper!

Leann

Romy said...

Such wonderful Valentine's Day cards! They all have that lovely soft feel that is so characteristic for your style. Happy Valentine's Day!

pattyo said...

Pretty cards. Happy Valentine's Day!

Monique Liedtke said...

Lovely cards Anabelle!! Love the layering and the soft color combinations and love that golden doily!

INDIAN said...

God, our Creator, has stored within our minds and personalities, great potential strength and ability. IAS Coaching Center In Tamilnadu