Welcome to the Webster's 2011 DT Blog Hop! I'm really excited to be back on the team for another year!! I've been with Webster's almost since the beginning and have been so lucky to be with them as they've grown into the amazing company that they are today. The Winter 2011 release is definitely my favorite so far. The papers, colors, textures and designs are beyond beautiful!! I had the priviledge of using the Ladies and Gents line the past couple of weeks to create projects for the booth at CHA and I'm sharing a couple of my favorite pages with you today.
But, before I do, I'll share something about myself:
1. I can say my style of scrapbooking is detailed, shabby and a bit vintage. Webster's Pages products suit my style perfectly!
2. I am paper and scissors kind of scrapper. My pages usually start with me handcutting lots of elements. After I've gotten lots of patterned paper onto my page, I go to town with the embellishments.
3. If I can only get two Webster's Pages products for a project I would choose the patterned paper and sparklers.
4. I find inspiration in the products. They guide what I'm going to do. I also love to browse Country Living and Better Homes and Gardens magazines for color inspirations.
5. I scrap in my pajamas at 5 am and if you were to come in my scrap room now you will find the morning news on TV. I love my early morning crafting time!
6. My most loved technique right now is adding glitter to anything!
Aside from that, I live with my hubby and my seven year old son. I love creating layouts AND cards! During the day, I teach in the early childhood department at the local university and work with child care centers to improve their programs. I love the fact that I teach preschoolers and college age kids!
Now for some new pages! This layout is my favorite one that I created with the new line. I used a wedding photo of my sweet friends who recently were married at the beach!
As you can see, there's lots of handcutting and layering. I punched several borders and layered them along the bottom. I added one of the tickets and some new flowers.
And check out the heart shape Thread! I mounted it on paper and embellished it with a new chipboard button and some rosettes.
But Ladies and Gents isn't only for feminine pages. On this one, I picked out the timepieces to make it more masculine.
I handcut the brown swirly motifs and added them behind the photo. Then, I added some new sparklers and bloomers.
I finished it off with one of the new fabric tickets and a doily thread. I can tell these are going to be my new favorite embellishments!!! I also used some new fabric ribbon which I pleated and stitched and layered under the photo.
Well, that's it for today. Thanks so much for stopping by. Be sure to leave a comment by January 31, 2011 at 12 midnight EST for a chance to win a set of all the new flowers that are being released at CHA. Comment on each DT member's blog for more chances to win! The winner will be announced at Inspire Me on February 3.
Now, hop on over to Jaz's blog for some more inspiration!
Thanks for stopping by!!!